Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Delivery

Cole World

Delivery

Does delivery come with practice? So just keep recording over and over? Is it all practice?

Burning Tracks Since 96' Moonkloud's Avatar

Re: Delivery

Delivery for me came from emulation. Ide put on Dr Dre and try and say his lines. Then once u get the words u can start to hit them with confidence.

Delivery can be many things. I play allot of different instruments and i found its how u accent the beat that creates a solid delivery. You want to be in the pocket..

But yes practise can make the difference.
    The thing is ( What ) u practise.

You can practise your kicks over and over but if i never told u where to kick youll never hit the target. SO, what are u practising ?

Remember when doing any instrument, they can be broke down into 3 catagories. Pitch, Rhythem and Dynamics or Volume...

Target these areas Are u on pitch, Are u on or slightly draging the beat and of course how loud u are... Now that we have done this. Record it, sit back and ask yourself.. Do each one of these areas sound good and what can u do to improve each area.

Delivery comes down to 1 thing. Confidence, if ur confident then ull deliver but to get confident we must humble ourselves and become aware of our weaknesses...Then we can stand strong in the face of those who challenge us....

Its not how good u are today that counts, Its about how much better u can be tomorrow.

A wise man once said " its not that i know everything, its that i realize i truly know nothing"...

Keep Gettin Up !
    Last edited by Moonkloud; January 2nd, 2012 at 04:25 AM

in my opinion, its from hearing yourself.... its not from the act of recording its more from the act of judging your own music until you get you sound good to yourself...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-2

also, it comes with confidence... the more you get comfortable with yourself spittin', the more you start to find your "sound", the better you start to feel about your tracks... as you grow as an emcee you'll find a groove that suits you and you'll begin to open up, you won't just be recitin' lines you'll be sharin' your thoughts and emotions, and that makes a big difference... that's "delivery", how you present the material you've written...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.