Thread: The King of Punchlines

doesnotexist

Re: The King of Punchlines

lol wtf @ ludacris of all people king of punchlines

not even close

chino..big l...vakill...etc.

#Arab

Big L defiantly. I like Chino XL, but sometimes I find him hard to listen to. It's like he tries to fit as many punchlines as he can in a 16 bar verse. It's quality over quantity. His flow/delivery gets annoying at times too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    10-2

Quote Originally Posted by Hani N. View Post
    Big L defiantly. I like Chino XL, but sometimes I find him hard to listen to. It's like he tries to fit as many punchlines as he can in a 16 bar verse. It's quality over quantity. His flow/delivery gets annoying at times too.
    This.

Banned
    Battle Record
    5-0

Notorious B.I.G. -your other rappers cowered in fear when this dude stepped to the mic-

Your Opinion Dont Count RomesBurning's Avatar

That dont mean he had punchlines

THE MASTERS & THE MASSES, One Has P O W E R ; The Other One LACKS IT

Battle Record
    7-1

they were afraid he'd drool on them..

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15

lol at people being surprised by Ludacris as king of punchlines... is it that hard to believe ?

He may not be a punchline a second like chino xl, but seriously i cant say chino is punchline king because his early days when he had a million punchlines his flow was retardation. His best work is I Told You So and you can make that arguement based off that album but not off his first shit or poison pen. Vakill can work but his second album was a disappointment. Ludacris hasnt really had a weak album per se but Red Light District is the weakest of his catalog and just listen to the intro off that song. Do you guys listen to music or do you just skim through it lol?
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

Lol So Basically, All These Guys Suck so Were Just Gonna grab this guy and Give him The Olympic medal In Diving... so what if he runs track... Did you See His Time?

Its an Analogy of course, But You get what I'm Saying.

Battle Record
    7-15

thats a horrible anology..
    Hence Forward.. BURR!

No its not...

were talking about punchlines, not albums...

Apples and Oranges...

doesnotexist

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Wizard Ruckus View Post
    lol at people being surprised by Ludacris as king of punchlines... is it that hard to believe ?

He may not be a punchline a second like chino xl, but seriously i cant say chino is punchline king because his early days when he had a million punchlines his flow was retardation. His best work is I Told You So and you can make that arguement based off that album but not off his first shit or poison pen. Vakill can work but his second album was a disappointment. Ludacris hasnt really had a weak album per se but Red Light District is the weakest of his catalog and just listen to the intro off that song. Do you guys listen to music or do you just skim through it lol?
    I would ask you the same shit.

you keep talking about everything but his punchlines

theyre not and never were some amazing shit

and theres only a few really good ones

ima luda fan, been one SINCE DAY ONE, but you don't know what you talkin bout sunny

and whats wrong with poison pen and vakill's 2nd album (im assuming youre talking about Worst Fears Confirmed? Both good. in fact poison pen has way better chino flow, AND some of his best verses around. AND serious more complete songs...not battle shit. people always confuse poison pen mixtape bullshit with the actual cd, i hope youre not one. And vaki;;s 2nd album also had better flow, in other words his lines werent 2 miles long.

Battle Record
    7-15

Quote Originally Posted by Vanja View Post
    I would ask you the same shit.

you keep talking about everything but his punchlines

theyre not and never were some amazing shit

and theres only a few really good ones

ima luda fan, been one SINCE DAY ONE, but you don't know what you talkin bout sunny

and whats wrong with poison pen and vakill's 2nd album (im assuming youre talking about Worst Fears Confirmed? Both good. in fact poison pen has way better chino flow, AND some of his best verses around. AND serious more complete songs...not battle shit. people always confuse poison pen mixtape bullshit with the actual cd, i hope youre not one. And vaki;;s 2nd album also had better flow, in other words his lines werent 2 miles long.
    come on vanja, your a luda fan from day 1. tell me he did not blow you away with his verse on the Made you Look remix.. if he didnt then I swear on everything I love I wont argue.

Yes Im talking about the real Poison Pen and not the mixtape... the shit where B-Boy gets an intro , the song with proof is on it, dont fail me now is on it and all that. Im not saying its a bad album but Chino obviously dumbed down the punchlines in order to make a complete albu and he didnt sacrifice his flow in order to fit a punchline. Thats why I considered I Told You So to be his peak because he found a middle ground, feel me. And I guess looking at Worst Fears Confirmed, I thought it was good, just not The Darkest Cloud, so I guess I shouldnt have said it was a disappointment.

what Im trying to argue is that Luda has had that middle ground on lock since Back For the First Time. He doesnt always have mind blowing punchlines but he often has good ones while not falling into that one dimensional punchline rapper shtick like Banks, Cassidy fall into because once their punchlines usually revolve around the same thing.

Im not judging just off punchlines because Big L has some of the best ones I've heard, but he only had 3 years to do his thing, we dont know how he wouldve stood up. We know Banks, Cassidy, Fabolous arent the king becauseBanks and Cass have become irrelevant and Fab still goes hard but he cant drop a well rounded cd to save his life.

To me Luda's only competition comes from people who were battle rappers but changed up their style so you can include Eminem, Vakill, Chino XL, Cage, etc. Its arguable but you cant ridicule me for putting Luda up there, he has alot of fire and goes hand in hand with Chino and Vakill.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!

Battle Record
    7-15

Quote Originally Posted by onefiftyonestr8 View Post
    No its not...

were talking about punchlines, not albums...

Apples and Oranges...
    how could you talk about punchlines and not albums.. thats like taking the pulp out the orange its not apples and oranges.. lol
    Hence Forward.. BURR!

Quote Originally Posted by Truth.. View Post
    Big L
    This, because the dude always has you thinking about the last line. haha. RIP

Battle Record
    7-1

i wasn't that impressed with Luda's made you look remix verse honestly...i remember exactly when i heard it and thinking.."cool"...but "recycled"....

but that's just my opinion..