Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Showing results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Canuck is Get'n New Equipment Soon

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mono
    *my Head Hurts*

Well, your helping me, and I appreciate it, but the 002 Rack is about $1295.US I'm in canada....so I'm looking at about $1695. MBox is under $500 US, so I'm looking about $700cdn. I like the m-audio thing cuz it was like $400.00 and The NT1 is $300.00....so I'd get the mic and board for the same price as the mBox. The digi rack unfortunatly is out if the question.

My rap isn't good enuff to spend over 2000 on equipment. maybe I can upgrade later, you know never know......maybe the quality of my audio and mic, is why I'm dubbed Mr.Mono......and why I suck as much as I do...lmao.....but I'm keeping everything in mind. See I have a hook up where I can get shit at cost. Unfortuatly, they don't distribute digidesign products, only the ones that come with Reason, not Pro Tools.
    well u can always upgrade to something better. But understand that the mbox is strictly 2 preamps. it has no midi capabilities. I know you produce beats so i figured the 002R wouldve been more of an investment in that area. but if u cant afford it then i suggest u consider the pros and cons. remember it wouldnt hurt to wait and save a little more so u can get the right thing the first time.

also look on ebay. u can find auctions like this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...sPageName=WDVW

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins
    the RODE NT 1A... is the dopest mic under 100 I have found... ranks with the blue mics... it's lovely. WHOOT@my new songs.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

TheProphet777
    saving is ur best bet...rap aint going anywhere for awihle trust me. im still saving up for a roland fantom x7 Keyboard. shits 2000 bucks. something cant remember. But yeah im saving still for it..im in the 1600 mark. but i got another month till i get the money. Then ima invest into beats. Cuz i already have 1 year of piano lessons down so far. and still taking them.

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3
    i agree with AV and OPEY ... the NT1 is amazingly pants creamable quality...i have not had a problem wit the how my voice sounded yet...plut i got it runnin thru a focusrite p6 trakmaster which makes it even more banana cream filled jizz muffin good....

so yea...im sayin the first setup opey said is perfect...

how much was that G4
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

Battle Record
    8-7
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Time
    i agree with AV and OPEY ... the NT1 is amazingly pants creamable quality...i have not had a problem wit the how my voice sounded yet...plut i got it runnin thru a focusrite p6 trakmaster which makes it even more banana cream filled jizz muffin good....

so yea...im sayin the first setup opey said is perfect...

how much was that G4
    well you can a decent g4 PowerBook for like under 3K now. Mines older, the titainium model, like 2 years. The PowerBooks have improved, only gone up about a .7 Ghz, but the storage capacity for both Ram and HD space is way up. Dope fuck'n comps man, I'll never go back to PC.

LMAO at Bannana Cream Gizz Muffens....lmao

Better than YOU.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    yea its too bad theyre 3x more expensive than Windows systems, their processors are slower and they can't hold as much RAM. They also can't use Serial ATA, cant use all peripherals, and can't use 90% of the software out. u also cant build them yourself to your own specs, can't upgrade them yourself, and have to buy only apple components. all that is not worth getting rid of the off chance that my computer might lock up. Why does windows lock up and Macs dont? because its the programs that you use that lock your computer up. software sometimes conflicts with other software or drivers. Apple doesn't allow you to use any software unless they helped create it so of course it isnt gonna lock up. You can do the same thing with your windows system. only buy intel components and microsoft (or microsoft approved) software and your PC will never lock up. don't get me started on how much of a raquet Apple is lol

Battle Record
    8-7
    Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey...
    yea its too bad theyre 3x more expensive than Windows systems, their processors are slower and they can't hold as much RAM. They also can't use Serial ATA, cant use all peripherals, and can't use 90% of the software out. u also cant build them yourself to your own specs, can't upgrade them yourself, and have to buy only apple components. all that is not worth getting rid of the off chance that my computer might lock up. Why does windows lock up and Macs dont? because its the programs that you use that lock your computer up. software sometimes conflicts with other software or drivers. Apple doesn't allow you to use any software unless they helped create it so of course it isnt gonna lock up. You can do the same thing with your windows system. only buy intel components and microsoft (or microsoft approved) software and your PC will never lock up. don't get me started on how much of a raquet Apple is lol
    I've been on PC's my whole life up until the last 3 years. My girlfriends Mom works for Microsoft in Seattle, in the Mac department. I have Vistrual PC, which allows me to Run both Windows and Mac OSX on my system, use'n the Unix system Macs are built on. Therfore I can run all Windows programs, on my Mac. Do I want to? No. and thats becuz Mac don't use drivers, for the most part, and there seems to be conflicts with certain softwarew when both are running. If I were to only use Windows on my Mac, and have only windows applications runnin, it's all gravy.

With that be'n said. My comp (2 years old) max's out at 1gb of ram, where as the new PowerBook, max's out at 2gb of ram. I can't see my processer be'n slower than any equivlant size on a PC, I have both, just hate 'windows' cuz it causes grief. Apple also denies viruses. I have intentionall installed viruses on this Mac to test it out, and it almost impossible for this machine to have a virus. Which is great. Also, I find more and more software companies are building applications for Mac.....anything that isn't for Mac, I use my Virtual PC program.

Don't get me started on my PC vs Mac things....eerereg.....

now, let's figure out how I'm gonna pay for the 002 and this Mic. i did my Income Taxes yesterday, and well, after all my write-offs and RRSP's....I OWE $1600.00 which is how much I wanted to spend on this shit.

Better than YOU.