A Fish's Ascension

My despondent life moves with the waves of a dreary ocean, I bare emotions of a fish that’s lost his way
At constant times I drown in a place where there’s barely solace, while careless Seagulls guffaw at my fall in pain
My pumping ventricles are wished to be clogged by an Octopus, whose absorbent grungy tentacles yearn my earn
Yet the unpleasant Eel won’t even shock me shook, for this broken fish has no electrical current worth
And I’m besieged in vacancy, swimming the seas in atrophy, trying to have the strength of mighty sailing ships
But a cynical hermit crab designed my skeleton, which is why I’m mistook for a spineless Jellyfish
If only I’d had a blissful companion we swim the Atlantic, and stay together as engagement followed through
But with my miserable antics that mission's Titanic, the sea to me will forever be a space of solitude
It’s all in view, all this fish’s infinite limitations, if only you could see through the eyes I count with
I tried to get a definite reputation, but received the disgraceful stripes of clown fish
I’ve just been racing through life contesting aloof, hoping eventually in my gills, potency grew
Now my soul is in two and water’s reflecting my mood, I guess that's why this sorrowed ocean is blue..

And every night I wish the horizon; shed a light to where I’ll subside in
I wish to sever ties with Poseidon, and he’d end my life with his Trident...

I wish…

I wish a ship of oil, tipped and boiled on my scaly skin; I wish demented mortals, ripped and soiled both my tail and fins
I wish to end with this distress, in depths of an abyssal trench, I wish this fish had twist in nets, and finally submit to death!

I wish…

I wish a morbid band of sharks had embarked to drown my symphony,
I wish a swordfish stabbed my heart and the scars bled out in infamy…

But then I realize if I was granted all the wishes I said
I’d just be back where I started, sleeping with the fishes again…

Will I ever lift from this sorrow?

I’m swimming in the depths of depression with no way to set to ascension, as my mind’s spinning in a seeped whirlpool
Suddenly out the corner of my cornea, on the Ocean’s sandy floor in blood, I spot a lying Sea Turtle
I swam towards the sand that centered thee; he must have been a century, on how his shell’s design emerged
But his neck gashed by an enemy, and as a dying remedy, he whispered me his final words…

“Through the ups and downs of ocean waters, eventually you’ll find your way
No need to stop at frozen harbors, for in this sea we call life, the tide will change…

And you will Ascend Passed The Waves"

With that, his eyes began to slightly close, as his carcass slowly faded away
Now, with those words of wisdom, I’ll always remember to savor this day

1 year later

Now...

Now I look at a hurricane straight in the eye, and blind it with my bright complexion
I clear all the burning rain, grayest of skies, and move it when I fight deception
I’m in the right direction as the waters have settled; I’m passing marginal levels as the light’s reflection
My heights extended passed the mark of the devil, I’m leaving sharks with the pebbles as the night intended
My flight’s ascended, as I’m elevating the softest, no more warring scenes of contemplating the hardships
I’ll pass the ninth dimension, reach into the sea and make a so serene constellation of starfish
Now I’m one like a group of sea lions, as the aurora borealis has my mind enchanted
I’m so high with peace I’ll seek Sirens, to form an alluring exploring voyage to find Atlantis
Now there’s no holding catalyst, and no more hazardous frantic bliss
Now my only passing wish, is all see the light without an Angler fish
That there’s hope to the pain and the strife, it's all in the changing tides
Take the past and ocean wave it goodbye, now alas you will elevate your life...

To Greater Heights.

And Ascend Passed the Waters to paradise.

The Rising Of Tarsis --

In a kingdom ruled by a malevolent tyrant - spreading his violence like the deadliest virus
Echos are heard from the crevice of silence - alas bellowing words are set to be rising
For in the distance General Tarsis is shedding light on his federal squadron of a grueling plot
To over-rule and trot the ruler gone - for in this land of famine - all they have is food for thought...

General Tarsis's Speech

As Revolutions governing wind brushes my skin - I come to amend this repugnant land with succulent lips
Dusk will begin the dawn of hundreds of men - when they apprehend my speech of trusting content
"Over the years - we've witnessed the king's tyranny reign - he was ruthless in execution and giving us pain
Well now - it's time for retribution in limitless ways - may our sorrow set sail and start drifting away
We are living astray from a quality life - the cause of this madness I pondered at night
It all started when his reign wandered upright - bringing forth darkness to squander our light
Spawning our plight till we were dogs in his sight - he poisoned our crops to leave us rotten in blight
He's the monarch of spite sparking the cardinal vice - with no regard for what's wrong and what's right
He has no honor or spine - when he calls us to fight - so on this final order we'll demolish his shrine
For all of the time he spent blocking our shine - will be paid for with the cost of his life
You're my army tonight - marching with might - keep the fire inside you sparking forever
For on this day when we embark and endeavor - you'll remember the date we conquered together
No more tarnishing weather will plague the skies - we'll sleep on clouds knowing it's safe at night
And our wives will experience a playful sight - when our children frolic on grass during graceful times
Keep that fate in mind - and we won't falter or lose - we will succeed I'm promising you
Let us march our feet to stop the abuse - for the voice of change is calling us troops...

Be Ready to charge and let loose..."

And so we solemnly march through this land of dictation - our souls filled with mass inspiration
Passing peasants of angst and starvation - for they felt the full effects of this famishing nation
We are The King's men - but this is an act of invasion - a channeling statement of grand assault
The hands of Revolution will grasp us all - when we arrive standing tall - to make his castle fall...

Soldiers...

Ready your weapons for in several seconds we'll be steadily stepping on the yard of his Kingdom
He has guards, archers, and marksman as defense - with enough fire power to harvest a spring sun
But we are the elite ones - rangers with a gift - they are the weak ones - strangers to their niche
So when I give word - begin aiming with intent - to take out the two men stationed at the bridge!
"FIRE!"...
And the enemies hit with marksman precision - but above Archer's are driven to start shooting their arrows
Quicker than thunder they begin hitting our numbers - so we swiftly advance to move from the peril
With wrath as our force - we blast through the door of the castle where guards are armed for attack
Yet my army is fast - at barraging a task - so we spark up a blast turning their armored squadron to scrap
Now we advance up flights of stairs till are sights are flared with Marksman blaring their muskets at us
Their remorseless fleet is intense as they murder a majority of my men - and render me covered in blood
But I'm not going to fold for I'm close to my goal - I could almost hear The King cower in his chambers
So as the proudest of traitors and foulest invader - I channel my anger on these scoundrels of danger!
Loading my musket with bullets - I trust it and pull it - murdering every marksman in the room
"Alas, we made it' I say to my staggering crew - It's time we open our majesty's tomb...

And so we open the door to where The King resides - prepared with his doom...

There was our King - hiding in shadows - frightened - defenseless to the crime I'll unravel.
"I stand before you you're majesty - bringing forth tragedy - for your reign will end tonight at the castle"
My men begin to celebrate - with destined grace - as I ready my musket for execution
But first things first I think in my twisted mind - for my lips have lied to you Brother's of Revolution...

And so in a twist of events - General Tarsis points his musket at his own men...

*BLAST*...

I have succumbed to my sin for I've killed all my gullible men - as my heart is filled with fire and brimstone
For my time has finally come - I've intertwined with the sun - as I reign over the sire and his throne
"I'm done following orders - I've abolished your quarters - and my army was light for seeking the darkness
Now I'll take your breath - and with your death - I'll rule over a new land - The Kingdom Of Tarsis!"

As General Tarsis murders the King with a maniacal laugh - the sky darkens marking his triumph alas
For as a tyrant has passed - a new one is born - one more relentless and vile than the last
He plans to reign for decades to come as a devilish one - as the clock ticks under his tower
For when his stomach growled in this land of famine - he was merely - Hungry For Power

where the grass is greener

The night blankets the sky in the bat of an eye; words of peace wither away in a battle of cries
War has commenced and our doors will be hit with the forces of sin in only a matter of time
Aircraft missiles swerve passed the heads; bombs bombard the land till' the mass is spread
And here I stand; mother with her son in hand; mind sharp to poke holes in this plan of death
This beautiful boy will not be another passing breath in this vile genocidal overthrow
So I'll fight for his life till' I'm choose to fold, and know he'll stay alive with wholesome growth

I hear the footsteps, they're growing louder by the second, these soldiers have come, rounded with their weapons
*THUD* THUD*, they're at the door, pounding with aggression, my heart's beating, they start breaching, as I'm scouting for an exit!

I see a window; I open it in dismay; when suddenly a soldier spots me like a predator does his prey
I see the killer in his eyes; he's ready to engage; when he aims; cocks back his heavy weapon and sprays..

*BANG* *BANG*...

...But he misses his shot for his sinister plot; I sprint down a river to set for escape!
"After them soldiers, get your weapons in place! These degenerate peasants are getting away!"

The abundance of soldiers are coming in closer, aiming and spraying their guns at my head!
A bullet brushes my neck and I run out of breath, but I won't let my son succumb to his death!

Before I'm killed instantly, I'll set my son on this piece of debris, and send him down the river afloat!
But before I save your precious life; and send you into the night; there's something that I want you to know!

My Son

"Where ever you may go, I know God's shining sun will rise
And the forever growing grass will be greener on the other side"

*BANG*..

Meanwhile from far down the river ...

The day twinkles the sky in the blink of an eye; words of peace prosper in the meaning of life
The future looks bright for the people alive; as their laughter commences; cleaning the strife
When word has spread of the christian genocide; the atheist's and agnostics did not look too surprised
All looked to continue with their lives although nothing had rised; except a woman; who had sympathy in her eyes

Although common sense has released me from pent-up religions
This genocide is a tragedy I wish on no Christian
Limbs on the floor, children ripped up with shells
This cursed day on earth is their own living hell
If only I believed in such heavenly grace
I would pray all this fire and brimstone away...

*Baby Crying*

Ah, what is this that I hear, entering the crevice of my ear?; it's coming from the never ending river near the pier
I look when everything is clear, to find there's not a thing to fear; for it's a beautiful baby boy; of not even a year

He must be a survivor from the mass genocide, for gunshot residue on his head is shown
I refuse to let this child sleep on a bed of stone, so I shall claim his innocent life as my own

Here in this home, hope will never be lost, your voice is heard and dreams are sought
As the spirit of freedom fulfills us all, you'll feel more than the gleam of god

Let the whimsical wind free your soul, illuminating within to ease your toll
Here where you have hold of your destiny, where there's rendered peace to reach your goals

You shall live a prosperous life full of frolic and light; here where the land is sweeter
Here where the sun shines on the path of leaders, on the other side of the river; where the grass is greener..

Disputer

Would You Be Mine?

It's a beautiful day-- the man zips up his sweater and slips on his shoes to this musical phrase;
There's a tune that'll play while he welcomes the neighbor he greets with a grin and his usual wave
Once two's time is due, and they've said their adieus, the man tells him, "My neighbor, stay tuned", and he'll stay..
..He'll stay stuck to the screen, past the very last scene-- for his neighbor could never dwell moving away..

♪ ♫ ♪

Will wasn't a grown-up. He spent his days brainlessly scarfing potato chips, stuck at the sofa
He'd watch "Rogers" re-runs-- a bunch of the old ones. His legs stretched, relaxed; his lips, chugging a cola
My son's in some coma, his mother thought, worried. The man only moved once, to thrust his remote up,
and point at the screen. Yet my boy's twenty-three! 'Cause she'd serve him banana nut muffins and doughnuts,

As William kicked back, numbed by shows on TV-- fueled in sloth from the lack of strict discipline acted
Unphased by the sun-lit sky's flicker to blackness; the shadows, the shapes, and the minutes that passed him
The morning turned midnight as quick as a flash did; still, Will had not known the transition had happened
'Til slowly, his arms dropped his chips and his bag, his 'lids closed, and his consciousness slid into absence..

At three, Will woke sweating and stricken with panic; the sound of fuzz shrieked from an image of static
He reckoned, That darned left antenna is spazzin', then crept toward the screen to start fixing the 'rabbit
by twisting its ears.. Though it didn't appear the set's picture had cleared, from within this contraption,
A whisper was heard, and Will grimaced and gasped as two arms flew from his television, and grabbed him

The TV screen beamed him inside to his pleas and his cries; bitter yelps, though no help arrived later
He fell on his face in some strange, dormant place, staring up at a man who said, "Welcome, my neighbor,"
Who smiled as his head turned demonically crooked, but held out a hand, which seemed worthy to trust
..and since Will shan't refuse Mister Rogers, he took it. Plus, 'twas all a dream, which'd be surely abrupt!

After being pulled up, William gestured him speak, so he said, "Will, my boy, it's a pleasure to meet you;
You'd grown oh-so-close to your set and your screen that my sweatery sleeves could outstretch and retrieve you."
They'd talk; stiffly walk 'cross the neighborhood block, as Will thought, He's alright; this here Fred is a neat dude,
Then asked when the man planned on setting him free, and Fred said, "Oh, my Will, I can never release you..

By clutching your sofa for several weeks, you've created our bond. Although yes, you can peak through
the screen at your living room's couch, nothing's getting you out-- so please, join me for breakfast, and tea too."
In vexed disbelief, William, pressing his teeth, started pinching throughout all his flesh as his screams grew
from petulant squeaks to malevolent shrieks, 'cause this "dream" was, in fact, truly present, which he knew.

He cried, "Mister, sir, if your lesson's how I-- should go stepping outside-- and watch less of your re-runs,
I vow that, if ever unleashed from-- this screen, I'll say 'Hey' to my neighbors, and cherish the sweet sun!
I'll greet Granny Greene as she knits on her porch.. and she sits with her york-slash-her-poodle, Miss Muffin!"
Fred chuckled a good, hearty giggle of sorts. "William, come have some warm apple strudels and crumpets--"

"Enough, you sick bastard!" Will darted away down the lane as Fred yukked, and Will'd run through his laughter,
more wild than the wails of the succubus after she's warped one's pure chaste through voluptuous matters
..................................and untruant pastors succumb to it faster than sugarcane jolts of columbian jaguars.
He searched every street, found no exit, then screeched out his lungs 'til his yaks were all bloody and raptured

But once he had mastered the chaos within him, Will took a deep breath, then glared at the glass window
Which floated in mid-air and swayed to his motions. His legs arched one side, his arms hitched in akimbo
His mind dwelled on breaking it open. He'd pick up a stone, bring his arm back, then give it a quick throw
The window's glass then broke-- a boulder to bits as the boy shook and gaped; the man's grinning crescendo'd

The man then made sick innuendos of triumph, like wheezed laughs and knee-slaps while gripping his shinbones,
plank-bent at his torso from ***kling too hard, with a hot-turned face, crimson-tint pigment in skin-tone
Will, writhing with anger, then hit it with six blows, but howled as his knuckles bled, clenching his fists thrown
He body-slam bashed it 'til every last rib broke, then charged with a head-butt.. and hemorrhaged his temp lobe

A spray of Will's consciousness streamed like graffiti and bloodied the block of the neighbor he'd known

First faded, his name, but the last he forgot was the plot and the place of his fave episode

He remembered it well; when Fred Rogers bought brunch at the diner and taught him good etiquette there

(Oh, where is that diner? Oh, where is that diner? Oh, where is that diner? I've never been there)

Fred frowned with a tsk at the kid on the concrete, who's forehead was marked by a dent and was trickling
Blood steadily poured as Fred crept to the corpse, slid the sweater he wore-- off, and picked it up gently
Fred sniffed it a bit, rubbed his head in the dampness, then reckoned, Will really was thin. This could fit me,
then headed back home, where the sweater would spin in his washing machine for a rinse and some cleansing..

There's streaks of maroon on the glass of the screen. William's mother tries wiping them off with her Kleenex
When all of a sudden, Will's program flicks on, and Will's mom thinks, Oh William.. my god, it's your v-neck!
She's awed-- but not 'cause the man's dragging a body, but 'cause of what hangs in the back of his closet
She murmurs: "The size, and the brand, and the cotton-- it's almost just like what Will's grandmother got him."

It's a beautiful day-- the man zips up a sweater and slips on his shoes to this musical phrase;
There's a tune that was played while he welcomed the neighbor he greeted with grins and his usual wave
Since two's time is due, and they've said their adieus, the man tells us, "My neighbor stays tuned", and he'll stay..
..He'll stay stuck to the screen, past the very last scene-- for his neighbor could never dwell m̛͞҉͈͈͎̜̝̜͍ò͙̦̹̯̺ͅv̨̹̼̹̗̝͞i̶̫̮̝͚͉̩̟̼̘n͏̷̮̤͕̖̺̯͘ ͡ͅ ̖͇̜̥̤͕g̸̤̤̻̙̫̪̯̤̯̜̱͚̕͟ ҉̡̙̮̼̺͎̦͖́͝͡a͘҉̨̰͚͇͙̣̱̻͍̖̯͞w̙̯̠̹̦̥̣͎̻͖̱͓̩̕͞͝a ̴̞̟͓͘ ͔͉̘ͅy̷̕͠͞҉̙̱̙͖̹̥̱̼.̷̵͘͏҉̥͙̫͈̘.̢̜̦͉̝̯̝͕͖̘̭͚̹̻

♪̵̬̝̦̮̲͠͞͝ ͘͞҉̪̤͙̦̥͚̖͙͍͔̻͕̣͍̥̯̗͟♫̟̙̲͉̞̜̙͉͙͚̻̺͎͙̣̜̤́̕̕̕̕ ̧͘͏̹̗̹̖͎̻̟͎̩͜͝ͅ♪̧҉́҉͎̩̦͔̦͇̤̥̗̱͙̳ͅ

Ah, friend of mine

A landlubber-turned-swashbuckler, I was; consumed in exuberant tales o' treasure our colony's legend breathed
We'd boarded a shoddy vessel & watched its mahogany decks recede Napoli- ahoy, to the promising Seven Seas!
Yes indeed, our crew was a bucket 'o cheers; jolly-laughing peasantry amidst lolligagging scallywags & buccaneers
Groggy lads & lasses frothy-glasséd, always clashing weaponry against hearty-accent alley scabs as musketeers!

We'd accepted eachother whole as brethren akin; however- this life o' Seadogs, some souls rejected within
Those, who dreamed dreams for gold with devilish grins; slumber's sweet siren song o' bullions beckoned its men:
Glittering amethysts & rubies galore.. booty assured, in hoards o' sapphiren-studded goblets covering garnets!
Yet, ho- truly aboard, was one named Beatrice; for The Great Blue mother-a-calling, she, a sealover embarketh

'Ole Beatrice accompanied me; fighting in ship platoons, & smashing drunkard skulls with heinekens in saloons!
Our cutlasses treated Goliath-Leviathan-sizéd giants as big buffoons, tearing through tides o' pirates & picaroons
Lying them in lagoons, us tyrants! The finest, merely salive' amidst spittoons, in our avail; entire fleets would hail!
'Twas life- 'til our coxswain sought his monocular, & found an island fabled to hold the treasure o' Seadog's Tale

Aye- we landed, then scouted its shores

"I can't resist, Beatrice; they must be ours alone, if amethysts in this land exist," so we made a handsome slip,
Split from our brethren.. & uncovered an enclosed cove where golden medallions surrounded an abandoned ship
"Bedazzling waters, unveiled! Milady, have this vessel afloat!" "Aye, I'll set the sails! Haul our treasure into the boat!"-
Then Beatrice was grabbed by an entering sailor: "Avast ye, treacherous traitor! Or I'll cut 'Ole Beatrice's throat."

So I dropped the spoils; our former mates chanted, "A couple o' wretchéd fools! Tilting legs under ye brethren's stool!"
Shimmering clumps were collected, encumbering peasants & sutlers- molesting our plunder o' precious jewels!
Without another discretion, our brothers had said, "Begone!" then set off thataway, weighed with lusted accolades
As they laughed & ship flags were raised, fastening mast arrays- I realized we'd become bloodless castaway

I just wanted you to be happy, 'O Beatrice

I pledged her we'd find treasure- even if it meant for venture to Ocean's Edge, which trickled this world's ledges;
"Our fists'll uncurl endless pendants, embedded with emerald gemstones- & you'll be crystalline-pearl necklaced!"
But 'Ole Beatrice cried, because this talk was evil; because it caused her people to take-off like a flock o' seagulls
My Greed (what God's cathedrals called illegal) haunt her 'til her time'd come; nigh once she caught the measles

Ah, Beatrice! I tried to comfort regardless; "A bunch o' blundering jargon! Ye be th' reason our brothers departeth!
Yer scum-worth an' heartless.. just make sure when I die, my body's sent back to Th' Great Blue mother-a-calling!"
Her last breath as she died left me burdened with blame; cursing in vain- I set her adrift amidst Seven Sea tide
"To Napoli, I'll return," I cried!.. But the man returned was a cold-hearted rapscallion.. which no one recognized

Ah, friend of mine

A swashbuckler-turned-landlubber, I am; forever-torn & eversworn regret's ail.. vowed nevermore to set sail
For there was nothing I had ever treasured more.. than what I'd lost pursuing the treasure o' Seadog's Tale