Accomplishments (19)
    11x OM HOF
    Wes Craven Memorial Champion
    Haiku Champion
    4x Rhetorical Insights Winner
    2x Poetic Scriptures Hall of Fame

Re: Sign Ups/Chat

Sure did.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    1-14

so what do ppl look for in topical verses or poems/songs?

not only that but in voting ... i just cant expect to take part and not vote.. surely someone will say something...

on the other hand ... it dumbs the heck out of me when one persons says i'm wack and another says my writing is vivid... i'm calling shenanigans ... just b/c i started my net career late(or late to you, *looking at my post count) doesn't mean i'm wack or that i don't compare ... just listen to my audios ...i know what i sound like
    Afro-centric Asian

You'll get the point... Phalanx's Avatar
    Battle Record
    12-1
    Accomplishments (2)
    FL Champion
    PPV Text Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Elephant View Post

not only that but in voting ... i just cant expect to take part and not vote.. surely someone will say something...

on the other hand ... it dumbs the heck out of me when one persons says i'm wack and another says my writing is vivid... i'm calling shenanigans ... just b/c i started my net career late(or late to you, *looking at my post count) doesn't mean i'm wack or that i don't compare ... just listen to my audios ...i know what i sound like
    Personally, as a voter in topicals, Im gauging creativity, flow/schemework, narration/literature elements, imagery, and emotion. When I approach a topical as a writer, I usually already have decided how I going at the topic. And based on whatever approach Ive decided on, I try to focus the strengths of my idea. For example, if I was writing to your topic, Id try to put an empasis on making the cgsracter feel tangible or relatable. Id try to make tge reader get inside the characters head.

As far as the voting? Just do you, bro. With all due respect to @Soule , I think he could have handled that situation better. Outside of obvious trolls, this site cant afford to alienate/exclude voters. I certainly had no issue with your vote in my battle. And encourage you to continue to vote.
    Last edited by Phalanx; November 23rd, 2021 at 09:51 PM

Battle Record
    32-9
    Accomplishments (19)
    11x OM HOF
    Haiku Champion
    4x Rhetorical Insights Winner
    2x Poetic Scriptures Hall of Fame

I'm demoting myself after WoP. Y'all have fun though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    12-1
    Accomplishments (2)
    FL Champion
    PPV Text Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    I'm demoting myself after WoP. Y'all have fun though
    I still <3 you.

Battle Record
    1-14

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
    Personally, as a voter in topicals, Im gauging creativity, flow/schemework, narration/literature elements, imagery, and emotion. When I approach a topical as a writer, I usually already have decided how I going at the topic. And based on whatever approach Ive decided on, I try to focus the strengths of my idea. For example, if I was writing to your topic, Id try to put an empasis on making the cgsracter feel tangible or relatable. Id try to make tge reader get inside the characters head.

As far as the voting? Just do you, bro. With all due respect to @Soule , I think he could have handled that situation better. Outside of obvious trolls, this site cant afford to alienate/exclude voters. I certainly had no issue with your vote in my battle. And encourage you to continue to vote.
    yeah i tried to give a really give an honest vote in your battle.. just the way you would see things from a different perspective
    Afro-centric Asian

Battle Record
    3-0
    Accomplishments (10)
    2x OM HOF
    SS HOF
    HALL OF FAME
    2x Sacred Scriptures Season Winner
    2x Sacred Scriptures HW Champion
    PPV Topical Champion
    PPV Rap Battle Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Elephant View Post

i dont want to point at any one person and say do as they do ..... but ill try to put some things into perspective

people may not vote categorically, but most verses ARE broken down categorically in peoples heads. I am one who rarely every goes to categories for votes. . but here is what i look for in each verse, and ill try to give a brief example of each

Use Of Topic - How creative was their concept or story? How good was the execution?

Flow / Rhyme Scheme- i bundle these together as i feel they go hand in hand. you cant really have one with out the other. i give high marks to verses where each line gracefully flows from one to the next.

Multis / Internals - I also bunch these together, not only do i want to see each line flowing from one to the other, i look to see if there are multis connecting the lines together, and i give points for good use of internals to pull the mechanics of the multis together.

Vocabulary / Wording - I dont really care if its a large vocab or simple use of vocab. I just want the language choice to be fitting for the tone and mood of the piece you are delivering. I also like a good use of alliteration if not too over bearing or wordy

Literary Devices - I dont mind a concept not utilizing a story if executed well, but if your going to give me a story i look for all literary elements. . . Plot, setting, protagonist, antagonist, narrative, dialogue, conflic, mood, theme .... all the things i need to bring it all together

and lastly, I like lots of imagery. The ability for someone to put me in the characters shoes, feel what they are feeling, see what they are seeing etc.

I consider all things and at the end of it, the most important thing especially in close mataches is to determine which verse was simply the most entertaining to me.

The things i would say not to do . .. for me personally

NO LONG BAR! Keep every line at a reasonable length
    Dont write in paragraph form either. line to line is the easiest to represent how it should flow to a reader
    keep grammatical mistakes to a minimum
    be creative, nobody likes a played topic. It can be pulled off if the execution is stellar, but typically will work against you

thats all i really got for now

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Battle Record
    26-22
    Accomplishments (5)
    The Best Ever
    2x A Disciple's Boyfriend
    Another Test Accomp
    Third Hottest Girl on RB

categories are stupid expecially the ones from RR, to see a dope piece lose by one category is something else.

Battle Record
    3-0
    Accomplishments (10)
    2x OM HOF
    SS HOF
    HALL OF FAME
    PPV Topical Champion
    PPV Rap Battle Champion

i dont care about categories if people need to spell them out to help guide their vote, i just think it needs to be understood that there are instances where even if a writer won the majority of categories, dont always result in having the winning verse. there is always subjective elements to every battle that has to be considered and cannot be denied

Battle Record
    26-22
    Accomplishments (5)
    The Best Ever
    Another Test Accomp
    Third Hottest Girl on RB

Yes your votes are going to be based if categories anyway but I think itís annoying to spell it out like that and also the fact it looks like a checklist of sone sort so itís unnecessary if you can still lose having won all the categories

Battle Record
    237-30
    Accomplishments (39)
    18x OM HOF
    Haiku Season Champion
    3x FL Champion
    HALL OF FAME
    Sacred Scriptures Season Winner
    Writes of Passage Champion
    Song Supremacy League Champion
    3x Sacred Scriptures HW Champion
    PPV Best Promo
    Haiku Heavyweight Champion
    Better Than Brandon Cee
    6x Poetic Scriptures Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    categories are stupid expecially the ones from RR, to see a dope piece lose by one category is something else.
    You know, bro…you always did strike me as the type of literary genius who says the word “expecially” lmao…
    FUCK YOU CHUCKY!!!

Here's a playlist of greatest Diasick hits.... (literally)

Formerly known asÖThatKidBigCodyCryNashty

Battle Record
    3-0
    Accomplishments (10)
    2x OM HOF
    SS HOF
    HALL OF FAME
    PPV Topical Champion
    PPV Rap Battle Champion

shots fired lmao

Battle Record
    26-22
    Accomplishments (5)
    The Best Ever
    Another Test Accomp
    Third Hottest Girl on RB

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Nash View Post
    You know, bro…you always did strike me as the type of literary genius who says the word “expecially” lmao…
    I went to school with ricky.

Battle Record
    9-18

Signing up.

Battle Record
    12-1
    Accomplishments (2)
    FL Champion
    PPV Text Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Signing up.
    Cool. Were just going to put you in the champ match.