in a two dimensional view

Gone before my time
    I left some shit behind

To my fake friends
    You missed the deadline again
    Drink up, be merry, hearty
    Enjoy the after party

http://rapbattles.com/showthread.php?490140-reflect
    http://rapbattles.com/showthread.php?490123-Leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Emily; March 21st, 2016 at 08:55 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    2-3
    Awards PC HOF PS Season champ

Re: creeping jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    I crashed my funeral, to see who was there
    Every fucker had a memory to share
    With a hymn, song, sage in the air
    Spring breeze, whispered a prayer
    ....Forgiving my insecurities...
    ...I died for my impurities...

Loving the first line. This reminds me of the first time I read Tom Sawyer. He crashes his own funeral in that one and gets to see what everyone thinks of him by the number of people and the reactions they have. Turns out he was loved a whole lot more than he thought. Difference here is... I love this hostile tone. Almost like you want the show to move on. Kind of a judgmental scorn on those who would ‘forgive’ you for things that aren’t even wrong of you to have. Maybe some memories shared aren’t even memories you like, or perhaps they simply feel forced and not genuine. I like that you say you died for your impurities, rather than it being voiced by someone else. I don’t know how to describe the feeling. It’s a shift in thought, jumping from one thing to the next. I mean, fuck, wouldn’t we all be having a million thoughts in a minute if we watched our own funeral?

Coffin, flowers, brandy
    Dirt in my eyes but I still see
    me taken out, a little after three
    backed with a symphony
    - of what could have been
    - faces of sin

Dirt in your eyes. A foreshadowing of being buried, huh? That’s what I got out of that. Some dark shit we’re playing with. I like it. A little after three. I mean hey, three’s a bit of a devil’s number; hello there Em. I see you. Or it could just be the chosen number of the time the procession began. I prefer looking at it that way. Or… the holy trinity. The musical air is rich with emotion. Sadness, anger, potential, evil. Your procession backed with the faces of sinner’s, as we all have sinned at some point. Leaving behind a trail of woulda coulda shoulda’s.

I'm wax, a beautiful bastard
    in a two dimensional view

So I've almost got this perspective of a painting. Beautiful wax bastard staring back. This view of you in the coffin with eyes closed.

Gone before my time
    I left some shit behind

Don't we all? Whether it's by death or moving on to a new place or a new mental state; we leave something behind. Could be the past in any shape or form. Friends, enemies, tragedies, laughs, smiles, the multiple faces of nostalgia. We leave them behind, especially if it was too early to leave.

To my fake friends
    You missed the deadline again
    Drink up, be merry, hearty
    Enjoy the after party

Hah! I like that. Reminds me of false friends who show up late and don’t contribute anything to a party except for them drinking a shit ton of booze and never ever repaying that back in anyway. Fuck that noise. Reminds me of one funeral I went to where I just couldn’t bring myself to really be merry and a lot of other people around me were drinking and laughing and everything else. I know everyone mourns in their own way but that day I couldn’t bring myself to live in hearty talks with all the laughter. But, I get a somewhat similar vibe. Something sarcastic. A derisive judgment veiled with kindness. Just another day they can take you for granted.
    Always a pleasure to read Em, and I found myself enjoying the fuck out of this twisted cinematic show as if I were there with you watching the funeral. I feel rawness from this. A commentary on life, and death, the things we leave behind and the things we’ve always wanted to say either to the people we loved or those that we can’t fuckin’ stand. Regrets and bitterness. This is compelling, and engaging Em. Great read.
    “Those whom life does not cure death will. The world is quite ruthless in selecting between the dream and the reality, even where we will not. Between the wish and the thing the world lies waiting.”

Battle Record
    1-3
    Awards PC HOF Haiku Season Champion

Re: creeping jesus

I love the tone of this piece em, that bitterness comes through in droves, its great. The rhyming didn't feel awkward at all (except for the "little after three" line, but that was the only place the wording didn't quite work), and I love that you broke away from rhyme in the middle of the piece. I think that really helped cement the reader's focus on the narrative and not just the rhyming. Great read, enjoyed this a lot.