User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 45 of 61

Thread: Presidential Address..

Re: Presidential Address..

Quote Originally Posted by Opie M. View Post
    Awesome. Sounds like the PC I'm getting rid of. Want it? You won't have to go to work to have a nice PC.

Yes... The G2X is bigger than the iPhone 4. Good job.
    Don't get mad, Opey. I'm just giving you a hard time.

Seriously though, I don't understand why if you have the same exact specs for a mac and a PC, the mac will be much more expensive.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Presidential Address..

Quote Originally Posted by Da Krypt View Post
    Don't get mad, Opey. I'm just giving you a hard time.

Seriously though, I don't understand why if you have the same exact specs for a mac and a PC, the mac will be much more expensive.
    The PC is 4 years old. The Mac Pro is more than 3 times as fast and runs OSX.

I priced the components to build a workstation to match the Mac Pro 4 years ago and this year. 4 years ago, I saved about $400 building the PC. I should've just paid the $400 to avoid the PC headaches. PC audio is super quirky. Mac audio is super stable. I'll pay a few hundred extra for the stability. Not to mention it holds its value much longer. Apple gave me $700 off the new Mac Pro for trading in a 6 year old MacBook. They also gave me a $500 student discount that I get for life thru Full Sail. I couldn't build a new workstation for anything close to what I paid for the Mac Pro.

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

The PC is 4 years old. The Mac Pro is more than 3 times as fast and runs OSX.

I priced the components to build a workstation to match the Mac Pro 4 years ago and this year. 4 years ago, I saved about $400 building the PC. I should've just paid the $400 to avoid the PC headaches. PC audio is super quirky. Mac audio is super stable. I'll pay a few hundred extra for the stability. Not to mention it holds its value much longer. Apple gave me $700 off the new Mac Pro for trading in a 6 year old MacBook. They also gave me a $500 student discount that I get for life thru Full Sail. I couldn't build a new workstation for anything close to what I paid for the Mac Pro.
    oohhhhh look who's the snob elitist now!

Toobs and I were just talking about this.

the os argument is getting old. OSX is dope sauce. Windows had a rough spot with vista, but 7 is good and 8 looks to improve on it.

It all depends on the application of use for the computer. Audio production and recording will almost solely be done on osx, but game audio is always done on windows. I think audio is the only application mac has over windows, tbh.

Gaming, which is the most thriving industry in entertainment, will forever be dominated by windows.

oohhhhh elitist prick!
    De Kapitein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Presidential Address..

Quote Originally Posted by Spanje Hathaway View Post
    oohhhhh look who's the snob elitist now!

Toobs and I were just talking about this.

the os argument is getting old. OSX is dope sauce. Windows had a rough spot with vista, but 7 is good and 8 looks to improve on it.

It all depends on the application of use for the computer. Audio production and recording will almost solely be done on osx, but game audio is always done on windows. I think audio is the only application mac has over windows, tbh.

Gaming, which is the most thriving industry in entertainment, will forever be dominated by windows.

oohhhhh elitist prick!
    Audio apps are unstable on Windows. I don't care what version. I have Windows 7. Fucks up way more than any of my Macs. In fact, I have Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro. 99% of the time, if an app fucks up... It's a Windows app. Stability is still an issue no matter what you think lol

Macs are better for a lot more than just audio production. Film, publishing, graphic design, web browsing, email, word processing, and photo management are all better on Macs. And the MacMini is a great HTPC. Even networking is better on the Mac. Especially with Airport routers.

I could care less about PC gaming. I have a 360, a Wii, and an iPad. And I don't do game audio. Why would I care about that?

If PCs were better then PC manufacturers wouldn't be doing everything they can to copy Apple. And they wouldn't suck so bad at it...

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Presidential Address..

BTW... Being elitist is pretty much being pretentious about shit that no one cares about for reasons that no one cares about. Like your fascination with analog audio. No one cares but you and other elitist engineers.

Picking out the best computer, phone, tablet, or whatever electronics is called being a smart consumer. All that shit (including digital audio) makes my life easier. Being elitist means sticking to some bullshit for bullshit reasons no matter how much it inconveniences you. Again... Like analog audio.

Audio apps are unstable on Windows. I don't care what version. I have Windows 7. Fucks up way more than any of my Macs. In fact, I have Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro. 99% of the time, if an app fucks up... It's a Windows app. Stability is still an issue no matter what you think lol

Macs are better for a lot more than just audio production. Film, publishing, graphic design, web browsing, email, word processing, and photo management are all better on Macs. And the MacMini is a great HTPC. Even networking is better on the Mac. Especially with Airport routers.

I could care less about PC gaming. I have a 360, a Wii, and an iPad. And I don't do game audio. Why would I care about that?

If PCs were better then PC manufacturers wouldn't be doing everything they can to copy Apple. And they wouldn't suck so bad at it...
    Gaming makes more than film and music combined. You should really reconsider expanding.

pc manufacturers suck lol; and i'll admit they are trying to copy apple. but if you're buying a pc from a manufacturer, instead of building you're own, you're doing it wrong.

I think the mac pro is ultimate sexy, but it's not feasible for me at the moment(12 cores, with 64 gigs of ram would be ultimate sex). No pc is comparing to that. But what happens when you step down to the imac? I can build a pc with better specs for $1000 cheaper. Realistically, I don't need the mac pro for me own home. I could really use a good pc though.
    De Kapitein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BTW... Being elitist is pretty much being pretentious about shit that no one cares about for reasons that no one cares about. Like your fascination with analog audio. No one cares but you and other elitist engineers.

Picking out the best computer, phone, tablet, or whatever electronics is called being a smart consumer. All that shit (including digital audio) makes my life easier. Being elitist means sticking to some bullshit for bullshit reasons no matter how much it inconveniences you. Again... Like analog audio.
    1's and 0's sound like shit compared to rust :doofy:

steve albini and me will be chilling with our tape machines till deaf.
    De Kapitein

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Presidential Address..

Gaming makes more than film and music combined. You should really reconsider expanding.

pc manufacturers suck lol; and i'll admit they are trying to copy apple. but if you're buying a pc from a manufacturer, instead of building you're own, you're doing it wrong.

I think the mac pro is ultimate sexy, but it's not feasible for me at the moment(12 cores, with 64 gigs of ram would be ultimate sex). No pc is comparing to that. But what happens when you step down to the imac? I can build a pc with better specs for $1000 cheaper. Realistically, I don't need the mac pro for me own home. I could really use a good pc though.
    I would never do something I don't like doing for money. There's too many ways to do what I enjoy for money.

I've actually never bought a bundled Windows PC. I used to enjoy building PCs.

You can't build a better PC than the iMac for $1000 cheaper. The iMac starts at $1200 lol. If you're talking about the 27", the monitor alone is $1000.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Presidential Address..

1's and 0's sound like shit compared to rust :doofy:

steve albini and me will be chilling with our tape machines till deaf.
    Tape machines and Vinyl are the only forms of analog audio I like to use. But I also leverage their advantages and avoid their disadvantages. Can't do that if that's your main storage medium.

I would never do something I don't like doing for money. There's too many ways to do what I enjoy for money.

I've actually never bought a bundled Windows PC. I used to enjoy building PCs.

You can't build a better PC than the iMac for $1000 cheaper. The iMac starts at $1200 lol. If you're talking about the 27", the monitor alone is $1000.
    ok we'll do the 1200

Imac
    intel i5 2.5Ghz processor
    4gb of ram
    500gig hardrive
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M
    don't know the motherboard

the specs of the pc i'm building
    intel i7 3.40GHz processor
    8gb of ram
    1tb hard drive
    Nivida 550

$859 just so you know i'm not bs'ing
    De Kapitein

Tape machines and Vinyl are the only forms of analog audio I like to use. But I also leverage their advantages and avoid their disadvantages. Can't do that if that's your main storage medium.
    i haven't advocated mastering to vinyl, except for certain genres.
    I also have said that my signal flow is set up with my tape machines out's going to pt, just for the ease of editing.

i've always believed in A-A-D
    De Kapitein

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Presidential Address..

ok we'll do the 1200

Imac
    intel i5 2.5Ghz processor
    4gb of ram
    500gig hardrive
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M
    don't know the motherboard

the specs of the pc i'm building
    intel i7 3.40GHz processor
    8gb of ram
    1tb hard drive
    Nivida 550

$859 just so you know i'm not bs'ing
    Right... You're forgetting a case that you need,an optical drive, a Windows 7 license, that nice ass monitor, Thunderbolt, and the Apple keyboard and the magic trackpad. The monitor alone will put you over $1200. Not to mention, you're not integrating all this into your monitor, which is an added cost like buying a laptop. The Mac Mini with the same specs as the iMac is only $600. That's a much better comparison to make because it's just the computer. And even then, you're not building your PC into that tiny form factor.

There's no doubt you can build a computer for cheaper than you can buy one. That doesn't make a retail computer overpriced. Just like dinner at a restaurant isn't overpriced just because you can cook the same food at home for less. You're not comparing apples to apples. The fact is that other PC manufacturers can't produce the same electronics for the same price as Apple. That's why products like the MacBook Air, MacMini, iPad, iPod, and iPhone are killing it. Apple is using pricing that other manufacturers can't compete with, and they're still making more money per unit than anyone else.

Regardless, your $1000 less comment was ludicrous.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Presidential Address..

i haven't advocated mastering to vinyl, except for certain genres.
    I also have said that my signal flow is set up with my tape machines out's going to pt, just for the ease of editing.

i've always believed in A-A-D
    I'm a big fan of vinyl. I'm not a fan of recording all tracks to tape. Some stuff sounds good. Some stuff doesn't. I'm definitely not a fan of adding 3dB of noise per track to my mixes.

Battle Record
    0-2

this must be why Opey refuses to give me some pricing on building me a PC....

his fingers are too good to touch lowly non-apple products nowadays...

Battle Record
    0-2

I'm a big fan of vinyl. I'm not a fan of recording all tracks to tape. Some stuff sounds good. Some stuff doesn't. I'm definitely not a fan of adding 3dB of noise per track to my mixes.
    Vinyl > everything IMO...

even old fucked up vinyl....id rather listen to my old 36 Chambers vinyl with the hisses and pops than the cd...