User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: For Sale: Focusrite Liquid Channel ($1600)

Battle Record
    5-3

Re: For Sale: Focusrite Liquid Channel ($1600)

yea, i used to brag about my Dynaudio BM5's... till Opey patted me on my head and gave me a piece of candy.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    7-1

Funny, Me too

well. Head and Candy played a part

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

For real tho Great monitors > anything else

At school last month we had a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of equipment to mix on with a set of BM6's. My mix for the mix competition was pretty good in there but I was way unsatisfied. I listened to the mix on several sources and kept going back to adjust it and I was never really happy with it. For the producer's showcase I decided to use my home studio to mix. My gear ended up failing on me and all I was able to use was Pro Tools factory plugins. But the monitors made ALL the difference. I mixed in less than half the time and I was extremely happy with the mix.

When I listened to the mix competition mix on my Air 15s I could immediately hear EXACTLY what was going on with the mix. All the problems that I couldn't pinpoint before stuck out like a sore thumb along with problems that I couldn't even notice before.

One of the lab instructors looked at me like I was nuts when I said my shit is better at home, but a chain is only as strong as the weakest link. You can have all the high quality processing you want, but if you can't hear what it's actually doing to the mix then it's useless.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    For real tho Great monitors > anything else
    Whats the point in having great monitors if you have nothing to listen to on them though? lol
    Great monitors > everything else for an engineer who has a good setup of everything else. Or for a producer who needs something to improve his mixes. But for a lot of people theres more important things to buy before you get great monitors and what are great monitors without great room acoustics?

Might get my head ripped off here by you and you know who now but Im just saying...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Obviously room acoustics are first. I was talking about GEAR. If you want to get technical, the entire recording process is far more important than ANYTHING in the mix process.

But in the mix process, expensive gear is unimportant aside from great monitors. All I used for my last project was my 1814 on my laptop with Pro Tools plugins, which aren't very good at all. I even mixed at 44.1/16 because I didn't have enough hard drive space. I'm uploading the mix now. You can listen to the results. The only benefit I had for this mix was great monitors... and Kris' eternal soul.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    Obviously room acoustics are first. I was talking about GEAR. If you want to get technical, the entire recording process is far more important than ANYTHING in the mix process.

But in the mix process, expensive gear is unimportant aside from great monitors. All I used for my last project was my 1814 on my laptop with Pro Tools plugins, which aren't very good at all. I even mixed at 44.1/16 because I didn't have enough hard drive space. I'm uploading the mix now. You can listen to the results. The only benefit I had for this mix was great monitors... and Kris' eternal soul.
    Word. In the Cubase lab in college we aint even allowed to bring in our notebooks to use - we gotta use the colleges computers so everythin can be recorded. They have a shitty ancient asio driver installed which has really high latency - so its hard to record anything (especially with both audio and midi appearing like half a bar late and the direct monitoring on the EM-U boxes isnt too direct), no internet access to install a new 1 and we need to work with just headphones and are expected to have a good mix. The rooms also too hot - just thought Id add another complaint
    I wish I could afford a lot of stuff - Id love to win $10k somewhere to buy new monitors, room treatment and some sound module racks, effects racks and perhaps a fantom. But since I just get money and save it I need to proiritize things and great monitors arent top of my list... unless I manage to shop a beat for a decent price of course - which Im working towards.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

well you don't even have the proper room setup to be able to mix properly. You don't even need monitors. Your mixes are unusable professionally. and latency doesn't effect mixing in the box.

Battle Record
    5-3

cant wait till i can afford some AIR's... those joints are nice, heard a pair in a Pro Tools store in Atlanta.

If i had 20k, to spend strictly on my home production setup... i would get some air's, a OL Neko... some acoustic treatment and a Prism Orpheus interface.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    15-0

WOW OPEY! Share the wealth, hogger.
    Wu-Tang Forever
    Nothing Was The Same

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Sorry, if I gave you money I'm afraid people would get the wrong idea.

Battle Record
    15-0

HAHA, that's true. Somehow I feel sorry for asking too lol.
    Wu-Tang Forever
    Nothing Was The Same