User Tag List

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 LastLast
Showing results 181 to 195 of 204

Thread: I finally admit... Syntax Mastery is almost entirely correct...

Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin' Jobus
    Believe it or not but you can now go pick up a cunninlynguists album up at HMV.
    I believe that would be making them money.
    are you trying to use 'audio makes money' to argue why it is better? if so, you can call many of my relatives if you want to sue somebody. i believe they are making a hundred times more than CL .

Nice
    Oh and there are no text albums at HMV.
    SOo0o0o0o0o....
    pursuing a career in hip-hop is for most a waste of time. what percentage makes it big? .5 % ? less prolly? out of all of the audio emcees at rb maybe 4 have 'made it' so they say or are about to. none of them have made serious cash yet ... and most likely none ever will . so drop that arguement, it is quite obvious that they would be much better off getting a 'real' job. so, that point is done. once one of you makes more cash than a part time job at a fucking dairy queen can offer come talk to me.
    Last edited by Nice; August 23rd, 2004 at 02:15 AM

freelancefuk
    Word.. people cant judge your flow for shit on text. And you dont improve your vocal abillity. But I think its still fun to have a text battle every so often.

Fuck you, I post better
    Battle Record
    2-4
    Quote Originally Posted by Emblem
    Its earning you zilch.
    That was in respon to this comment.
    Anyways I believe the internet is the next big thing in big companies spotting talent. It's just a little prediction but I've heard many netcees who have the capabilities to make a living off their music. As opposed to zero textcees making a living off their writing. But this is just going to turn into a "but it's just a hobby" type deals and it's never going to go anywhere.
    Bottomline.
    Audio = hip hop
    Text = text
    once one of you makes more cash than a part time job at a fucking dairy queen can offer come talk to me.
    Don't you see!!
    Cunninlynguists is making money!!

Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by freelancefuk
    Word.. people cant judge your flow for shit on text. And you dont improve your vocal abillity.
    true enough. but i talk correctly as it is - i have no need to improve my vocal ability.

freelancefuk
    Nah I mean like putting emotion into you voice

Fuck you, I post better
    Battle Record
    2-4
    You could type in italics and put some dope emotion into your text.
    Better yet you could post in comic sans ms.

and.

are you trying to use 'audio makes money' to argue why it is better? if so, you can call many of my relatives if you want to sue somebody. i believe they are making a hundred times more than CL .
    Are your relatives text battlers?

Nice
    That was in respon to this comment.
    Anyways I believe the internet is the next big thing in big companies spotting talent. It's just a little prediction but I've heard many netcees who have the capabilities to make a living off their music. As opposed to zero textcees making a living off their writing. But this is just going to turn into a "but it's just a hobby" type deals and it's never going to go anywhere.
    Bottomline.
    Audio = hip hop
    Text = text
    yes, but take the percentage of people who try to make it and those who actually do make it, then factor in the amount of monmey that those who DO 'make it' earn, as opposed to what they could make with a 'real' job, and your point becomes moot. (< unsure of spelling). ^ hope you caught all that. and its also not true that zero textcees make money off of it. many poets make money off of their poetry. not downgrading audio or text, but as you said it IS going to turn into its just a hobby thing.. because it IS just a hobby. unless your trying to make money, and then as i tryed stating earlier, you are wasting your time.

Fuck you, I post better
    Battle Record
    2-4
    But there aren't any good poets on this site.

Nice
    You could type in italics and put some dope emotion into your text.
    Better yet you could post in comic sans ms.

and.

Are your relatives text battlers?
    no, but thats just the point - while you can waste your time trying to make money off of audio, i will get a real job and make more money than you will off of audio. how many times must i prove that 'i can make money off of audio you cant off of text' is NOT a valid argument for why audio is better

Fuck you, I post better
    Battle Record
    2-4
    I didn't say it was. I was responding to a previous comment of yours stating that no netcees make money.

Nice
    But there aren't any good poets on this site.
    you are attempting to make the arguement that audio is better because you can make money off of it when you WILL NOT make money. Tell me... how much money did CL make so far ? then tell me how many hours they spent on their CD .. THEN tell me how much money a good job could make you in the same amount of time. and we're also operating under the assumption that EVERY audio head is going to make money, which virtually none are.

Fuck you, I post better
    Battle Record
    2-4
    I never attempted to make that argument. You said no audio heads make it then I pointed out the cunninlynguist have made money and are now established artists.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    14-13
    Seriously...if the only reason ur doin' audio right now...is because you feel that your going to blow up...I wish you the best of luck but really...I can almost gurantee that you won't.

What is the purpose of this site? to have fun. If dudes have fun writin' down lyrics, then let them do it. Ya'll forgot what RB is about. This isn't the breeding ground for Rocafellas next Jay-Z...it's a fuckin' rap site!

Myself...yes, I do encourage people to do audio...but you know what? half of them don't give a fuck about makin songs or rappin on stage, they just wanna write lyrics...since they like it.

If people want to do audio...let them...if they wanna do text...let them. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter anyways. There will still be textcees...and there will still be netcees.

None
    Battle Record
    18-0
    * applauds you * ^

good point. anyways, i am off to secure my 2.5 million dollar text deal with Jive records...