User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 45 of 60

Thread: All Beat Makers Read!

Formerly known as Crysis Cory Stylez's Avatar
    Battle Record
    16-2
    dont worry, im sure oneday well all be big producers

excluding sdizzle, sdiddy, DJ Isuckballsatmakingbeats, or w/e the fuck he goes by nowdays

Battle Record
    17-14
    no i dont consider myself a producer cuz i suck at making beats im still learning
    but i do tell people i rap since i like go to open mic type things and freestyle
    but rap is jsut kinda getting a grip in my town, but theres a new store thats gona be organizing some battles and shit.

also does anyone know were i can get registered soundfonts cuz i dl these free ones but can never use em cuz it says there not registered???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis
    dont worry, im sure oneday well all be big producers
    Guys get at me on AIM asking me to produce they album...

But then I listen to their soundclick and they are wack as hell...

And I have pride...
    So I ain't producing for no wack kid...

So does that make me a producer...

Battle Record
    1-0
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax Mastery
    neither does making beats in a professional studio.... i think the only thing that makes kanye was mr and ms west's sperm and egg joining...

when will people learn that its not about what you use... its how you use it...

WORD TO DAT

[peep the site for beats]

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus Rex
    Guys get at me on AIM asking me to produce they album...

But then I listen to their soundclick and they are wack as hell...

And I have pride...
    So I ain't producing for no wack kid...

So does that make me a producer...
    make him pay then...

n i hate it when ppl call themselves producers... 99% of hte ppl on the net arent... n thats includin me.. n that aint directed to anyone....

but most of my friend know i rap... n once my friend burnt all my songs on a cd.. n showed a bunch of ppl.. n thats when i sucked... embarassing....

Formerly known as Crysis Cory Stylez's Avatar
    Battle Record
    16-2
    ^word i know how that feels

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    Quote Originally Posted by verbal conflict
    make him pay then...
    They are not only wack emcees...
    They are broke ass too...!

^^^ahahah...

Battle Record
    16-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate
    What's the difference between most people online and a professional. Simple: Sound Quality. You can make creatively dope beats but if the quality of the mixing is not there then no one will ever use it commercially. I don't claim to be anywhere near the level of mixing quality that is required, but at least I recognize it.

I know how far I am from top quality because I work with a Professional Musician / Sound Engineer. I've brought in beats that I thought sounded amazing, but when I give the seperate tracks over to him for a night he'll come back with a mix that is 10x better.

It's not a coincedence that most of the best producers you hear online also have the most knowledge of Sound Engineering. Knowing how to use a software program isn't only about cutting and looping. It's about understanding all the mixing techniques used by professional producers and then knowing how to replicate them as best you can using the tools available to you. But you can't expect to be able to replicate them accurately if you don't understand how they do it to begin with.

Basically, I'll call myself a real producer when i'm not trying to mix beats using instinct alone.
    ^ I agree with everything except the last part... Anyone who mixes or makes beats, no matter how badly, is still a producer IMO..

But back to your main point.. that's why i think we need an Extreme Elevation for Audio... it would help tonnes of people to get better sounding audio quality and perform better.. but no one seems to care about my suggestion

Battle Record
    37-1
    /\You saying anyone who mixes or makes beats is a producer, is just stupid. Therefore you lost any cool points you used to have.

New Writejist Song - Tito Ortiz

Battle Record
    16-3
    ^ Why is it stupid? You don't have to be good at producing to be a producer.

Nelly is a horrible rapper, but he's still a rapper.

Battle Record
    37-1
    But there is a difference, because he is a rapper for his profession.

Just be quiet you are dumb. If a 9 year old picks up a mic
    and start uttering nonsense you would call him an emcee.

Battle Record
    16-3
    ^ I wasn't aware you were talking about profession... In that case, I agree... You can't be a producer if your just some dude at a computer with FL..

I thought you were talking about skill. Like if someone was really wack at making beats, but had all the professional equipment and did it for a living - no matter how bad she/he is, they're still producers. That's what I was trying to imply.

Battle Record
    37-1
    You damn Europeans just don't have the common sense. JUST KIDDING! Naw but I mean like crysis said about how he will produce for some artists, that is a certain level of goal. I mean you cant just make beats, whether they are good or bad. You gotta have some type of success to do so.

Battle Record
    16-3
    ^ Well, I make beats for myself that I rap on, and my goals are usually producing for my 2 partners and other people who want a beat (2 so far lol )

So I have goals, I guess.

Sorry if I misunderstood you earlier.