User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 60

Thread: All Beat Makers Read!

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Scare
    But i do agree, people on here say all kinds of shit like that and the truth is cool edit and FL doesn't make you kanye. lol.
    But Frooty made 9th Wonder...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly known as Crysis Cory Stylez's Avatar
    Battle Record
    16-2
    ^ and 9th wonder is dope

and fruity and cool edit did make me kanye....

that happens to be what i used to remake the overnight celebrity beat

Battle Record
    5-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Scare
    But i do agree, people on here say all kinds of shit like that and the truth is cool edit and FL doesn't make you kanye. lol.

neither does making beats in a professional studio.... i think the only thing that makes kanye was mr and ms west's sperm and egg joining...

when will people learn that its not about what you use... its how you use it...
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    5-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis
    ^ and 9th wonder is dope

and fruity and cool edit did make me kanye....

that happens to be what i used to remake the overnight celebrity beat
    and what i used to remake the spaceship beat...

any beat can be done in fruityloops...
    Welcome to reality.

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax Mastery
    when will people learn that its not about what you use... its how you use it...
    Exactly...

9th uses Frooty...

MadLib uses a Boss SP-303...

Its just learning how to utilize your equipment to the max...

sdizzle could be making his beats on an MPC4000...
    But no matter what the equipment...
    His beats still suck...

Battle Record
    37-1
    You guys ruined my thread

damn you all

New Writejist Song - Tito Ortiz

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    Lol...

I was just thinking that...

It went from one topic, then Raz and Crysis came and fucked it all up...

And now we on a different topic...!

Battle Record
    37-1
    There has to be a plateu to reach before you call yourself a producer.

You can't just make beats and say you are a producer, there has to be
    some type of goal or even that earns you the right to call yourself a producer.

Formerly known as Crysis Cory Stylez's Avatar
    Battle Record
    16-2
    ^ well im getting a production deal to produce for a group in atl called grime that are signing on to warner bros or something like that, but only b/c my cuz is in the group and he thinks i make dope beats

does that make me a producer?

Battle Record
    37-1
    /\That is what I am talking about. And yes, if you aren't lying lol you may now refer to yourself as producer out in the public with the outmost confidence.

nahnmsayin

Battle Record
    16-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge
    There has to be a plateu to reach before you call yourself a producer.

You can't just make beats and say you are a producer, there has to be
    some type of goal or even that earns you the right to call yourself a producer.
    ^ I don't agree.... You can have horrible beats and call yourself a producer... a very bad producer is still a producer

Battle Record
    33-54
    lol im still a producer then
    .. im back

You've Earned a Custom Title! Hybrid's Avatar
    Battle Record
    5-2
    Quote Originally Posted by sdizzle
    lol im still a producer then
    dunt be proud. plus what happened to ya posts lol i look and see you only got 46.

What's the difference between most people online and a professional. Simple: Sound Quality. You can make creatively dope beats but if the quality of the mixing is not there then no one will ever use it commercially. I don't claim to be anywhere near the level of mixing quality that is required, but at least I recognize it.

I know how far I am from top quality because I work with a Professional Musician / Sound Engineer. I've brought in beats that I thought sounded amazing, but when I give the seperate tracks over to him for a night he'll come back with a mix that is 10x better.

It's not a coincedence that most of the best producers you hear online also have the most knowledge of Sound Engineering. Knowing how to use a software program isn't only about cutting and looping. It's about understanding all the mixing techniques used by professional producers and then knowing how to replicate them as best you can using the tools available to you. But you can't expect to be able to replicate them accurately if you don't understand how they do it to begin with.

Basically, I'll call myself a real producer when i'm not trying to mix beats using instinct alone.
    Studio 21

Battle Record
    37-1
    /\Thank you, finally someone is not an idiot.